More Divorce Topics
Do's and Dont's During a Divorce
While going through a divorce, people are often not their best self. We offer this list as a reminder of items that can be overlooked.
- Get legal advice from an experienced attorney;
- Change your passwords on your email or other accounts to which your spouse typically has access;
- Consider recording conversations with your spouse if you feel he/she will present differently in public than in your home; you should consult with an experienced attorney prior to any recording to ensure compliance with privacy laws;
- Prepare a budget and consider financial issues after your divorce;
- Keep an eye on your spouse’s social media and print anything you think may be relevant;
- Keep a diary of events;
- Post anything on social media; Do watch and copy and/or print anything you think may be relevant that your spouse has posted.
- Before making any lifestyle changes you should consult with an attorney;
- Involve your children in any divorce issues;
- Start any new relationships while in the process of divorce;
- Don’t make efforts to hide or move property;